Debris Free Bonaire invites local residents and visitors to Bonaire to take action and volunteer a small amount of their time to collect plastic marine debris from Bonaire’s east coast.
Here’s how you can help the environment of Bonaire:
1) Visit any Dive Friends Bonaire location for a debris collection bag.
2) Enjoy a scenic drive over to the east coast of Bonaire and fill up your bag with marine plastic.
3) Return it to Dive Friends @ Hamlet Oasis & we’ll deposit it into our 10 m³ container so that we can keep track of the volume of debris collected. Every time that the container is filled, volunteers’ names will be entered into a raffle.
4) Stop and pose for a photo for our website and Facebook.
5) The collected plastic debris will be sorted for recycling and proper disposal.
6) Thanks to you, it will no longer be a threat to Bonaire’s marine environment.